Admission Statement for Catholic Schools
The primary role of the Catholic School Ministry is to integrate Catholic principles and faith values in all aspects of a child's formal education. Parishes throughout the diocese who subsidize school ministry recognize the important role of Catholic schools in creating foundations of faith for the future. Christ the King School will not refuse admission because of race, color, or national origin or sex.
Criteria for Determining a Participating Catholic
A fully participating Catholic household is one in which:
- Catholics in the household have received or are receiving the Sacraments of Initiation in a timely manner.
- Catholics in the household are attending Sunday Mass on a regular basis in the parish in which they are registered.
- A proportionate and sacrificial amount of time and energy is spent on the mission of the Catholic Church, which is to evangelize and witness the teachings of Jesus Christ in speech and action.
- A proportionate and sacrficial amount of time and energy is committed to the parish in which in which they are registered in order that the Church may fulfill its mission of witnessing Christ to the world.
- A proportionate and sacrificial amount of time and energy is committed to religious education. Every Catholic is responsible for developing an ongoing relationship with Christ through prayer, understanding, and study.
- A proportionate and sacrificial gift of money is committed to the Catholic Parish in which they are registered in order for the Church to fulfill its mission of witnessing Christ to the world.
*These guidelines are used to determining admission to the school as a Catholic family.